Skip to main content

Another boring update

Wow let's see...what is new?  Life is clicking along.  With this weather the winter is not dragging along. That is so nice, but I haven't even gone to the Botanical Center because I am not desperate yet.  I may need to just get a day on the calendar!

Elise is walking now.  Hip Hip Hooray!  I don't love the crawling stage.  I think that babies are so much happier when they learn how to walk.  I think (fingers crossed) that we have landed on rice milk for the little lady.  She is sleeping better now and her eczema is almost gone.  :)  Between pointing, signing and the few words that she knows she communicates all that she wants to us.  She is sweet, but my what a temper she has!  Don't expect her to back down.

Reuben is hugging three.  I like three.  They say such funny things.  He doesn't know how blessed he is to have Audrey as a big sister.  She has taught him how to play house quite well and they play and play and play.  It is pretty cute at our house church he has another little friend, Olivia, and the two of them play puppies independently.  They are so funny to listen to!

Audrey, Audrey...is still hanging on to her nap, but she will skip once or twice a week.  The bad news is so will Reuben.  I am afraid that I have quite the shock when they both give up their naps (gulp) together!  I know, I know most kids don't nap past three, but how sweet it is to have a little moment in my afternoon!  I school with her when she wants too.  She learns so much from listening to Jonah and I that I am not worried about her academics!

Jonah is learning and creating all the time.  I slowed his curriculum way down, and he did really well.  Then after Christmas he took off again and his reading has improved noticeably!  That is one of the benefits of homeschooling, getting to go at the student's pace.  I looked ahead, we were going to be done with his curriculum early so we are going to take a few weeks and do a unit using the children's novel "Mr. Popper's Penguins."  We start next week and are both excited!

Jordan is working like a crazy man.  He and I are both trying to get in shape and have been hitting the gym.  We have mixed feelings because we like working out, but it is taking a lot of our time.  We may end up just getting an elliptical.

See, nothing earth shattering going on here on our corner, but I kind of like it that way!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the update. I love reading your posts. I love you and your wonderful husband and your sweet sweet little ones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Stir-Fry Stew (From the book Nourishing Traditions)

1 lb chicken breasts cut into small pieces juice of 2 lemons about 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil or lard 1 cup peanuts 1 bunch green onion, sliced 2 large carrots, julienne 1 red bell pepper, julienne 1 C broccoli flowerets 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp grated ginger 1 Tbs Rapadura or sugar 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes 2 Tbs soy sauce 1/8 C vinegar 2-3 C chicken stock 2 Tbs flour mixed with 2 Tbs water Marinate chicken pieces several hours in lemon juice. Remove and pat dry. Mix chicken stock with vinegar, soy sauce, pepper flakes, ginger, sugar and garlic and set aside. In a heavy skillet or wok, saute chicken over olive oil until cooked through. Using a slotted spoon transfer chicken to a bowl and reserve. Saute peanuts a minute or two (add more oil if necessary.) Add peanuts to chicken. Saute onions, carrots and pepper for two minutes (add more oil if necessary). Add sauce mixture to veggies and bring to a boil. Return chicken and peanuts to the pan and mix well.

A "Spring" Field Trip

This morning when the kids woke up I told them to put on short sleeves because we had a surprise field trip. We met Gramma B and Gramma Great at the Botanical Center and got to pretend it was spring!   By the orchids   Lovely Lady (She has been waiting for short sleeve weather so that she can wear this sweater!)     Grandmas and the kids   Look at the fish!   Me and my babes!     What is this?      This inside of the fig   He looks as disturbed as I was to find out that they throw out the plants in the two themed beds every 6 weeks!  (We kind of wanted to take them home!)   Not sure if this is the wall's intended purpose!     What a great brother!   Group shot!

Vos, Party of 6

I have been thinking about what to do with this blog post for a while now.  I have had various ideas what to say and how to say it.  I think that the best way is to do a FAQ list.  Here is everything that you may (and more likely than not may not) want to know. There is a couple of dangers in doing this specific post.  1)I don't want it to come across that I do not want to talk about the baby since I am writing about it.  I just was afraid that much of the conversation would get lost in cyberspace since we were announcing electronically.  2) I can be a little sarcastic at times and people might "hear" bitterness in some of my answers, but there is none there!  I did my best to proof this so that I do not offend anyone.  When are you due?   My EDD is December 29th.  Jordan thinks this is perfect as long as I have the baby by the 31st.  That way he gets the tax credit this year and gets to pay for it with Flex next year.  Since the other kids' birthdays are in '0